A.K.A.Victoria-Royce / ViceRoy / West Toronto Junction Presbyterian Church
LocationToronto, ON
Built1885 / 1927
StatusCondo conversion
SizeMain auditorium with basement, 3 floor school building
FeaturesStained glass, pipe organ, belfry
AOTU Rating
AOTU Members present for exploration:
Umbra, Rico, & Ignavus

Friends of AOTU present: None

Photographs by: Umbra & Ignavus

PicLens Start PicLens SlideShow PicLens
Before opening its doors for it's first service on October 11, 1885; the congregation of the [then called] West Toronto Junction Presbyterian Church met in the waiting room of the local CPR railway station. The Church was renamed in 1897 in honour of Queen Victoria's Diamond Jubilee. A Sabbath School addition was built in 1927 to house Bible classes, and served an active membership of 1000 people. The church had a seating capacity of 800, and in the 1960's, Royce Presbyterian congregation joined. Following another 40 years, and a slow decline in membership, it was decided to close the church. The property has been purchased by a developer, and is destined to become another condo development. :(
Latest Trip
AOTU :: Buildings :: Victoria Presbyterian Church
© Angels Of The Underground. All Rights Reserved.