|A.K.A.||Ontario Bolt Works / Stelco Works|
|Features||High Catwalks, Roof View, Bridge over Windermere Ave|
AOTU Members present for exploration:|
Umbra, Infestix, Sid, & Rico
Friends of AOTU present: None
Photographs by: Umbra
| Start PicLens SlideShow |
Opened in 1882 as the Ontario Bolt Works, this factory primarily made bolts, fasteners, rivets, and nuts for over 100 years. The Steel Company of Canada (STELCO) bought them after the turn of the century and continued to produced these item right up until its closure in 1989. The west most part of the plant (seen above) was actually destroyed by Hurricane Hazel, and was rebuilt years later. Currently a series of condo towers and townhomes now occupy the former brownfield land.
Angels Of The Underground. All Rights Reserved.