|Status||Abandoned: Trashed / Graffiti|
|Size||3 Stories + basement, possible sub-basement? (flooded) [40,000sq ft]|
|Features||Scenic roof, basement with machinery|
AOTU Members present for exploration:|
Umbra, Phaedrus & Ignavus
Friends of AOTU present: None
Photographs by: Umbra & Ignavus
| Start PicLens SlideShow |
Information for this former linseed oil mill is sparse. Built in 1915 and closed in the late 60's, this site has remained empty for over 40 years. In 2000, the city of Toronto purchsed the land for $2 million dollars. Through neighborhood activism, the "fieldhouse", a two storey office building has now been converted for community meeting rooms and a park washroom. The bigger plan is to renovate the factory partion and turn it into a full community centre with a pool [still pending].
Angels Of The Underground. All Rights Reserved.