A.K.A.Provincial Papers
LocationGeorgetown, ON
Built1823 / 1853
SizeMultiple stone buildings, 2-3 storeys
FeaturesBasement with archways, old boilers
AOTU Rating
AOTU Members present for exploration:

Photographs by: Ignavus

Friends of AOTU present: None

***Beware of the rabid racoons!!

PicLens Start PicLens SlideShow PicLens
Originally constructed by George Kennedy, the Barber brothers bought the mill in 1837, and named the settlement Georgetown. The current buildings were built in 1853 while the business flourished, and by 1888 the mill added two generators (60hp & 100hp) 3km downstream, and sent power back to the mill on high voltage transmission lines (reputedly the first in Canada to produce hydro-electric power for industrial production). 2004 saw a plan to turn the site into retail shops, but those plans never materialized.
Latest Trip
AOTU :: Buildings :: Barber Paper Mill
© Angels Of The Underground. All Rights Reserved.